Monday, November 1, 2010

BOOKS 'N STUFF

Sunday was Mudgeeraba Fun Day and I manned the Chamber of Commerce stall for a while. I managed to sell just one copy of "The Election" but a sale is a sale and I was only there for an hour or so after the Day officially opened.

I thought it was a lost opportunity for local businesses though. Some people said they had only heard of the event by word of mouth, not from any advertising and two actually said they did not realise Mudgeeraba had a Chamber of Commerce. I also think it would have been better if we had not run out of things to give out only an hour into the Day. A lot of businesses who are Chamber members did not provide anything, not even a brochure, to give out which was disappointing.

But those who turned up seemed to enjoy the day and with any luck it will be an annual event and we can learn as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment