Thursday, December 9, 2010

BOOKS 'N STUFF

Yesterday I happened to visit my PayPal account because I had just bought something on the Internet. I found that a customer had bought a copy of The Election some three weeks ago and PayPal hadn't bothered to tell me about it. When I asked for an explanation the e-mail in response virtually laid the problem at my door. So, after a year of using PayPal with them notifying me of payments received without any problems suddenly it's my fault (or my computer's fault) because no notification was sent out. They are, unfortunately, a necessary evil. I have now given them two e-mail addresses so hopefully I'll get notified one way or the other.

As for the customer, I sent the book to him immediatley by express post. A bit of a loss incurred there but I would rather look after customers than save a few dollars.

And on the positive side, it was another sale I didn't realise I had.

I've just entered another competition, this time in the UK. I've submitted an entry using a sample of my manuscript for Sleeping With The Angels. Well, you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment